I’m not too sure if these tips will attract many Thai girls, but it’s worth a try :p
This is was compiled from members of OT:
* T-bird is one of the cheapest liquor. Add a $.25 packet of unsweetened raspberry Cool-Aid and youâ€™re set.
* Ask for a cup of water at Chipotle and fill it up with a soft drink instead.
* Have a huge soda cup that to take to the cafeteria when studying and get free refills
* Always order drinks without ice, get so much more soda â€“ most places will give out cups of ice for free
* Get food from the cafeteria and eat. While walking around get other food so you wonâ€™t have to pay for some of it. Also get a salad and bury stuff under it.
* Keep most fast food places cups in the car for free refills
* Ever need a dollar? Walk into Wal-Mart and tell them the Coke machine ate your money. Guaranteed dollar.
* Book the busiest flight (this is easy to do when you’re flying out of a big airport), and hope it gets overbooked. This worked really well before 9/11. Volunteer to take a later flight and get at least 1/2 off.
* Go to the tire shops around the rich areas, and ask the mechanics if you could get some used tires off them. You would be surprised; a lot of the tires were still in really good condition.
* Ask your local policeman buddy for carwash codes at gas stations. They have free access, free deluxe car washes
* Roll up to fast food joint, bitch about them forgetting to give you something when you were last there. Tell them you left the receipt at home and arenâ€™t going back to get it. Free food.
* Want free liquor? Go buy some vodka, take it home, open it, and pour half of it in another container. Then fill it back up with water. Take it back to the store and complain, instant refund.
* Re-use your plastic grocery bags as trash bags for the garbage can.
* This is an important one: If you’re going to smoke in public, you should not smoke your own cigarettes. Most people are more than happy to give you as many as you want, especially if they look lonely.
* The Listerine trick for getting booze onto airplane/cruise:
buy Listerine – empty it out – pour in good vodka – blue food colouring – good to go
* Don’t underestimate the free sugar packets, I went years without buying sugar. I’ve cooked with it, just make sure it isn’t a sugar substitute.
* Baking soda works in place of toothpaste
* Toothpaste can be used to fill up holes in drywall if youâ€™re trying to get that deposit back from the landlord
* Every time I go to a fast-food place I grab 20 extra napkins and throw them in my bag to go.
* NEVER PAY TO GO TO A HOUSE PARTY: Most house parties typically employ 16oz red cups that you can get at any store. Walk up to the house party with cup in hand. You have to act confident, don’t even look at the person working the door. If they ask anything, tell them you were taking a piss. Another way to do it is to tell them you ‘brought your own beer.’ But instead of bringing your own beer, just hold an empty can in your hand. Works every time
* Bring old popcorn bags into the theater. If you buy the x-large size (once) they’ll give you unlimited free refills. We usually snuck some beer in with us too
* When you’re getting low on ketchup and nothing comes out, open it up and put some water in there and shake it up. Place lid back on top. Profit.
* I’ll set my cell phone to go off near the end of a movie. Then go and bitch to the manager that somebodyâ€™s cell went off free passes
* Soap can double as shampoo
* A lot of new office complexes have showers for their employees to shower in if they were working out before work / during lunch. If your office has one of these, take advantage of it and use up their water bill instead of yours.
* If you’re living in the city, there’s probably no need for to sign up for internet since it’ll be possible to find an unsecured wireless network. Savings of approx $20-$30 a month
* If you hang around a Starbucks around closing time, some of them throw out all their pastries for the day…
* Need some boxes. USPS.com has them for free. Just search for flat rate boxes. Put in your address and they will get shipped to your door for free. Great for forts or making walls. The real purpose of these boxes is that you pay $8 to ship anything of any weight that fits inside the box so thatâ€™s why you can get them for free.
* Turn your car off when you’re going down hills
* Buy (or acquire) a bottle of grey goose or other expensive vodka. Drink all of it. When it’s empty, refill it with Banker’s Club (or other $10 1.5L handle of vodka, Crown Russe, Vladimers, etc etc). Girls won’t know any better
* This is called the “double feature”. Very standard, very easy… when your movie finishes, just walk into another one in the same section right after.
* This is called “2 by 4″. You have 4 people total, but you need only buy 2 tickets. Buy tickets and walk in to the theatre. Person
A gives person B his ticket. Person B walks out, gives Person A’s ticket to person C. Person C walks in and just says that he had to
use his phone or something. Person C, Person B and Person A meet in the theatre. Follow the same steps to get person D in the theatre.
* I put my roommate’s name down as my wife so he could use my Costco sub and we split down the middle
* Also, Starbucks throws away the New York Times every night, Those you can normally just be like “can I jack one of these” anywhere near closing and they’re cool. I do it any time of day if they have a lot.
* If you are going through a dodgy place, take your notes out of your wallet and fold them up and put them in your back pocket. If you are getting robbed take out the wallet and show them you aint got anything
* Hit up college apartments when it is the end of the semester and people are moving out. They throw away tons of stuff that they are too lazy to move home
* When I was younger I’d go to fast-food places eat a big ass meal then clip a fingernail into my burger or whatever.
* I found out years ago that it’s cheaper to pay for 3 showers a day rather than the AC bill to keep you cool.
* A/C = biggest waste of money ever – When it gets really hot I’ll go hang out in wal mart.
* Get a gym membership for 2 things: 1, to work out, 2, to have a place to go if you need to shower, shave, etc. My gym comes to
about 28$ a month so less than a dollar a day for 2 showers a day as well as unlimited shaving cream/soap/shampoo if I was so inclined
* I drive on the highway and to get better mileage I draft behind the semi-trucks. I get within like 10ft of their bumper and instantly get like 5mpg more. Cruising at 80mph and getting 35mpg.
No related posts.
Filed under: Tips on August 31st, 2006